Whether you’re just looking to try bouldering, want a 10 pass for flexibility, or plan to climb a lot and are ready for a membership, The Hive has options for you (and your family).
If it’s your first time climbing with us, please note the ‘New Visitors’ section below for important information.
Adults 19+ must read and sign their own waiver. Youth under 19 must have their own parent or legal guardian sign their waiver in advance of the visit or on-site for the first visit. Youth 15 and under require on-site parental supervision. Ratios & expectations below.
Make sure to save some time by reading and signing your waiver online in advance of your first visit!
Daily Use (Climb and Yoga)
- Day Pass (19+, includes Studio yoga & fitness classes) $20.95
- Shoe Rental $6.00
- Fall Assessment $5.00
- First Time Hiver $28.57
Includes Day Pass, shoes, chalk, and orientation.
- Late Night Drop-In $15.71
- Youth 13-18 $15.71
- Youth 12 & Under $11.43
- 10-Punch Pass (Climbing & Studio)* $180
- 1 Month Single Facility Membership $125
- 1 Month Ultimate Membership (All Locations) $135
- Annual Single Facility Membership $855
- Annual Ultimate Membership (All Locations) $975
EFT*** Ongoing Monthly Payment
- Initiation Fee All EFT Memberships are subject to payment of the initiation fee and the prorated Rate of the remaining month up to the next billing date. $99
- Single Facility Membership $87.5/mo
- Ultimate Membership (All Locations) $100/mo
- Youth Annual (Age 13-18; shoes included) $325
- Youth Annual (Age 6-12; shoes included) $265
- Youth Annual (Age 5 & Under; shoes included) $160
EVERYONE needs one! Get ahead, sign online.
- Student Rates apply to all memberships – 10% off with proof of current enrollment.
- Our Student Term Membership is a 4 month term, available for purchase at the beginning of each term. Get it during the months* of September (Sept-Dec) January (Jan-Apr) and May (May-Aug).
- Ultimate Student Term for $345 will encourage maximum training opportunities.
- Available for purchase Sept 1-30, Jan 1-31, May 1-31; prices are not prorated, so get it early in the month to maximize climb time.
Ultimate Membership provides real freedom in training and climbing, & pays for itself if you go to an alternate Hive location from your home gym even once a month.
- Family is defined in this case as including one adult and one dependent.
- 15% off Total Prepaid Membership Costs for Combined Family Members, 10% off EFT Payment Rates for each Family Member.
- Discount does not apply to Initiation Fee on Ongoing Monthly Memberships.
All prices are subject to GST. Rentals are subject to GST and PST.
* 10-Punch pass has no expiry and can be used for all facility offerings at that location (climbing, studio, fitness).
*** EFT cancellation requires 30-day written cancellation notice.
Please read the rules for kids & youth in the gym!
Beyond an amazing collection of people and climbing, there are a few more perks:
MEMBERSHIP LOYALTY PROGRAM:
We appreciate you! Prepaid memberships earn stacking discounts:
5% | 10% | 15% | 20%(max)
2nd year | 3rd Year | 4th year | 5th year
EFT Members receive a reduced monthly rate*
*Talk to the desk staff for more information
Members receive 10% off retail*, beverages and snacks.
*Some restrictions may apply
Prepaid & EFT memberships earn 2 bonus punch passes when you sign up, plus a monthly guest pass so your new-to-the-hive friends can climb for FREE!
HIVE EDUCATION DEALS:
Member discounts on courses & workshops; free clinics & talks; special member pricing for events.
ULTIMATE GYM MEMBERS:
Ultimate Memberships also include everything The Hive North Shore has to offer;
A full schedule for the PrAna Studio including tons of yoga, pilates, and conditioning classes, ample bouldering, and a well stocked fitness & training area.
Mandatory Orientation for New Visitors
Every first-time visitor to The Hive is required to attend an orientation & fall assessment prior to climbing. The focus of this session is on proper falling technique, topping out, general safety, etiquette, and rules of the gym. There is a one-time fee of $5 + GST for the assessment. No charge for youth (under 19 years of age).
Please note well:
The falling techniques and other information covered in our orientation are specific to The Hive’s indoor environment and may not be applicable or effective when bouldering outdoors. All first time visitors to the Hive must read and complete a facility waiver – this orientation is not a suitable replacement for learning to boulder and fall safely outdoors.
no time like the present
To give them something special
What do you get someone who has everything? Someone who loves climbing and fitness? Someone you want to be healthy and happy?
- GIFT CARDS – We offer gift cards at all locations, in any denomination. Online purchase option coming soon!
- PUNCH PASSES AND MEMBERSHIP – Yes, you can purchase these in gym for someone else, we’ll just need their name, email, phone number, and birthdate.
- RETAIL ITEMS – We have a great selection of guidebooks, apparel, climbing shoes, and other supplies to feed their healthy habit!
Drop in to a location near you to get a gift that keeps on giving!
Details for supervision requirements for youth
Under 19: Parent or Guardian signature required. All climbers under the age of 19 years must have the signature of a parent or legal guardian stating that they understand the risks of bouldering, and assume responsibility for their youth.
In order to reduce the risk of injury, we have specific parent-to-child supervisory ratios, depending on the age of the children. Parent:child ratios are as follows:
Up to 6: 1:1
Parent/Guardian provides constant supervision and may not climb. Child must be within arm’s reach of supervising adult at all times. Children in this age range are still developing spatial awareness and the ability to understand potential for harm.
Age 7-9: 1:2
Parent/Guardian is required to remain within arms’ reach of both children at all times, meaning the children must climb together. Parent/Guardian may not climb. Children under 10 may still be developing the cognitive ability to be mindful of people around them, which means parents must stay within arms reach to ensure children do not wander into a fall zone.
Age 10-12: 1:4
This age range requires a parent on the mats. The parent is not required to remain in arm’s reach while the children are climbing, but the supervisor may not climb.
Age 13-15: 1:4
Parents must be present and available in the facility, but are not required to be on the mats while the youth are climbing unless the children prove to be at increased risk of harm to themselves or others.
If it’s your children’s first time at the gym, the parent or guardian of children 13-15 should be present with the children for the start of the session until the kids become familiar with the climbing gym environment and its risks.
Youth may climb without adult supervision assuming they are able to behave appropriately as a positive part of the community.
The Hive reserves the right to require additional supervision of youth who prove incapable of responsible behaviour on their own. Such decisions will be made in good faith.
If you have questions please contact your nearest location through the form below, we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible.
Get In Touch
Have a question? Like to leave us a comment?
Fill in the form and we’ll get back to you soon!