Hive camps are so much fun!
Whether new or experienced at climbing, your child will come away from The Hive’s camp having had a blast! Our energetic and well trained leaders pack camp days with fun and learning, building social skills while connecting brain and body through games and climbing.
Once registration opens, book while you can; these spots never last long!
registration is not yet open
Explore this unique camp experience. 5 days of climbing, fun lessons, games and activities!
Why Climbing Camps?
- improve body awareness & strength
- improve technique & problem solving
- increase resilience & confidence
- encourage personal and social development.
We offer camps for Juniors (ages 6-8) and Inters (ages 9-12) throughout the summer months.
*Vancouver and North Shore; Surrey program for outdoor climbing will vary.
more about summer camp
COVID-19 UPDATE: Book with Confidence
The Hive’s summer camps are fully refundable if cancelled due to COVID precautions. Rescheduling available where possible. See FAQ below.
Experiential and play-based learning principles help build healthy, well-rounded youth.
Each camp includes a half-day of outdoor nature activities as well as a day of roped climbing on real rock* in Murrin Park with a guide. Transport to and from the outdoor climbing area is via school bus with pick up & drop off at The Hive.
Build friendships, develop a passion for climbing and make memories that will last a lifetime!
*Weather permitting. Also, outdoor climbing option will vary for Surrey Program
FAQ: Summer Camp 2020
We are optimistic that all Hive locations will be reopened before Summer Camps begin. Should we be unable to reopen the gym due to a persistent threat of COVID-19, options will be offered for all camp fees will be refunded in full, or a credit may be applied which comes with priority to re-book for future camps.
- We will be deep cleaning and sanitizing the gym before reopening, which will include (but is not limited to) disinfecting all washrooms and major touch-points, as well as thoroughly cleaning all climbing holds and games/teaching props.
- Continuing to encourage our participants to frequently wash their hands before, during, and after climbing.
- We will be asking all participants that are ill to stay home. Prorated credits or refunds will be offered for any missed days due to medical absence.
- Participants will be expected to follow the most up to date recommendations from BC Health Authorities, to protect against the spread of bacteria or viruses (example: keeping recommended distance, hand washing, no sharing snacks/water bottles).
We will closely follow the status of the pandemic, and adhere to recommendations from provincial and local health authorities at that time.
Waivers required! Must be signed by the parent or legal guardian if under 19 years of age.
Pro-d day camps
For those delightful days when your kids get a day off school while teachers (and often, parents) are hard at work. Leave your 6-12 year old with us for a fun day camp packed with climbing activities, games, and learning.
North Shore day camps
The Hive North Shore teams up with Bricks 4 Kidz North Vancouver for a full day of fun! This camp engages enrolled children with a half-day of climbing activities, and a half-day of LEGO-based activities.
Join the fun as we work with our hands, bodies and minds all day!
This day-camp is perfect for youth 6-12 years old and runs 9AM–3PM on Thursdays.
Spring is in the air and it’s time to get active! Under the guidance of our trained leaders, your kids will have so much fun exploring climbing and movement, and connecting with other like-minded youth in these full-day camps.
We offer camps for Juniors (ages 6-8) and Inters (ages 9-12) during standard ‘spring break’ as it aligns with the VSB.
Get In Touch
Have a question? Like to leave us a comment?
Fill in the form and we’ll get back to you soon!